My Faux Vintage Grain Sack

Monday, April 6, 2009

Remember when I was playing with the idea of making my own faux vintage grain sack in this post? Well I finally did it!

I basically followed Joy's instructions on Joys of Home. First, I put together a pattern I liked and then printed the words in a large font. I held the pattern and fabric up to a window and traced the pattern on the fabric in pencil, and then painted the design with black craft paint.

I think I have the perfect spot for it, but I can't show you yet. Stay tuned....

16 Suburbanites Said:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love it!! So cute...can't wait to see where you display it. :)

Unknown said...

Love it! Another project to add to my list! thanks for sharing.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Oooh! I want to try this project. I love the way it turned out!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Awesome! It turned our beautiful!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That turned out totally awesome! Gads, I sooo sound like a so cal gal right now. lol!
Seriously, I really like the way that looks and can't wait to see where/how you display it. I'll keep "watch"

My Galveston Cottage said...

I'm going to do this, too. I think my to-do list is growing!
Thanks for sharing, -susan

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Adorable!! I love it!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

GREAT job!

Joy said...

I LOVE IT!
It looks awesome and very authentic!
It looks like it's the real deal.
Now, you have us all curious as to where it's going.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

It looks so great...I really have got to try this.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You did a fantastic job on it - it looks awesome!

Robin Johnson said...

You did a great job. Love the design.

Anonymous said...

I want to try it too! How did you make the crown and the vine? Is it a stencil?

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it REALLY wasn't that hard to do.

I didn't use a stencil. For the crown, I did a search for crown clipart online and printed out one I liked that I knew would be easy to replicate. For the vine, I eyeballed it and drew it freehand.

victoria said...

I love this! It's sooo cute! And it looks expensive. Now I want to make one.

mimi charmante said...

This turned out really well! Great job~