Tagged...A Little Bit About Me

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I have been tagged by Ellie over at TheTwinsMama to share some information about myself and Amanda at Serenity Now to list 7 things I love. So I'm kind of going to combine both into one - I hope that's ok.


7 Things I Love:

1. Dessert - Anything with chocolate, peanut butter, cream, crust, pastry = heaven. Fortunately for my snug little jeans, I don't indulge very often.

(Tollhouse Pie at the Dodo in Salt Lake City...To-Die-For!)

2. Mexican Food - I could eat it everyday. I love anything with cheese, sour cream and a flour tortilla. Again, good thing I don't let myself eat it everyday (Um, should we be concerned that my first two items are food?...I'm just sayin').

3. Almost anything from Banana Republic or Anthropologie - Really, can you blame me?


4. Movies - I love movies. I could go every week. I like anything from spy movies, to historical movies, to chick flicks. I don't like anything disturbing though, which pretty much leaves horror movies or anything nominated for an Oscar out....just kidding...kind of.

5. Travel - I love seeing new places. It doesn't matter if it's The-Middle-of-Nowhere, Oklahoma or Europe. I love seeing how other people live.

6. Music - I always have to have music near me. It doesn't matter if I'm cleaning, getting ready in the morning, in the car, at work (when my boss isn't there)...I love music.

7. Hanging Out With My Boy - Ok, that's a little pathetic, but we have fun together.


( He really is happy, he's just trying to look tough.)

7 Things I Don't Like:

1. Waking up Early - I'm definitely NOT a morning person, but I do it anyway.

2. Wierd Seafood - I have a reluctant relationship with seafood. I'll eat it if there are no claws sticking out, or a face on it, and if it's cooked....and I won't eat shrimp. It looks like a bug to me.

( Um, do you see that wierd claw thing sticking out? Yeah, I'm not into that.)

3. Cooking and Grocery Shopping - I do it anyway, but I'm really not into the whole food gathering, planning and preparation thing. It's so much work! It's much easier to eat out. Honestly, the whole food aspect of our lives stresses me out. Do I really need to bring home the bacon and fry it up too? Really?!

4. Walmart - I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I love the low prices, and hate everything else about it. Sorry Walmart.

5. Things that I Love but Can't Afford - I know, who doesn't feel that way, but I had to say it.

6. Things I Don't Love and Can't Afford - Ahhh, don't we all love car repairs?

7. Being Away from My Family - I really miss going to breakfast and shopping with my mom, and I really miss hanging out with my dad on Saturdays.

16 Suburbanites Said:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

So nice to get to know you better. I'm so with you on the seafood thing. I will only eat lobster if it's been removed from the shell, and only the tail part. lol! I can't see where it "came" from, thus my reluctance to eat chicken or meat off a bone. Weird I know.
Love that you hang out with your boy. That's sweet and gives one a warm and fuzzy feeling. I hope my boys will want to hang out with me as they get older :0). Enjoy your day!

Folkman's said...

We have quite a bit in common! I could eat mexican food for every meal. I buy like 5 of the big quarts of salsa at costco every couple of weeks! And I will have to find that Dodo's in SLC. I have never heard of it before! Always up to try new places!

Amber Filkins said...

Great lists! I love getting to know more about you! And you so don't look old enough to have a teenage son. Seriously?

Have a great day!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great lists! I love everything on your love list and hate everything (except shrimp) on your hate list! And Anthropologie... Is there a better store on the planet? I think not!

It was fun learning more about you!

XOXO
Jen

Unknown said...

So good to get to know you a little more! I think we have a lot in common - especially the bit about bringing home the bacon and having to cook it too - my pet hate! I'm going to have to steal that quote from you and use it at every opportunity I get now!
I also love movies, music, mexican food and hanging out with my boy and hate seafood. Seafood is in abundance here and everybody eats it but I don't even like to look at it let alone put it in my mouth!

Rachel said...

I'm right there with you on the seven things you don't like- especially the top four. Watching my husband eat a bushel of crabs was very uncomfortable for me- eww!!

Have a Happy Day!
~Rachel
www.yardsalemama.blogspot.com

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I am SO with you on cooking and Walmart!! Feel exactly the same way. I feel like a sucky mom and wife for not cooking...I enjoy it when I do it but it takes SOOOOO much effort!!! :) And Walmart...I just hate that place. Their prices are amazing but I just hate it.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Thanks for the lists. I'm a Walmart snob - it's across thes treet from Target, and I never choose to go to Walmart. I love Target too much.

Kristen said...

Ohhhh...the Dodo!!!! Gotta love that place! It was a dating favorite of ours. Now we rarely get there anymore. But their food is yum!

Right there with you on the seafood/shrimp thing. It's too much in it's animal form to be eaten and enjoyed - blech.

Millie said...

Love the Walmart comment, they should take your advice & do a bit of store decorating, maybe you could offer to consult! And Mexican food, well I just adore it too, but MOTH's record-breaking cholesterol count means we need to go easy unfortunately.
Millie ^_^

Together We Save said...

I love Mexican too. I would eat it every day.

beth said...

Chocolate, peanut butter and Mexican food! Yeah baby! I've had way too much this winter, and gained ten pounds.
Whole fish with the head still attached and seafood with claws attached? Yuck! And my husband works for Walmart, and I like it cause they pay my husbands wages, but hate having to shop there. It is the only real store we have in our small town, so we're sort of stuck having to grocery shop there. What's funny, though, is we used to live in an even smaller town than we live in now, and we used to drive 2 hours to get to Walmart. Now I can't stand going there!

Shannan Martin said...

I love your lists and am inspired to make my own! And I, too, love all things Anthro. Also, I once ate both lunch AND dinner (same day) at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I am shameless. Enjoy your weekend!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooo, loved your list! :) We are in agreement on dessert---dinner is really just killing time until dessert, I think. ;) LOVE the shirt that model in the pic is wearing...too cute! :) Thanks for playing along.

Xazmin said...

I so agree with your "love" list! I do love seafood and cooking though too.

I love reading these little tags and getting to know people better...thanks for sharing!

Tricia said...

So I have decided that you and I are (retail) kindred spirits.
i.e. Pottery Barn = great
Walmart = just plain wrong

Tee hee! ;)

*Tricia