Weekend Spruce Up - Tablescape

Monday, April 27, 2009

First, Edie at Life In Grace is having a painted wood linky party today. You have to go over there and see what a unique transformation she achieved with her kitchen. I wish I was that fun :).
________________________________________________________


So, I didn't quite get around to mopping the floors or raking leaves out of the flowerbeds this weekend. I did manage to do a couple other projects, though...really, isn't decorating more fun than cleaning?...can I hear an "amen"?!


Here's the first project I tackled (I'll mention the other one later in the week). I was pretty unhappy with the decor on the chest of drawers in my living room. It wasn't terrible, but it was just kind of ohhhkay.

I wanted something more monochromatic, more polished, more wow...you get me? So I went back and studied this post from the Nester on tablescapes. I then reworked my own tablescape using only items I already owned.


I leaned two black and white frames against the wall, and put tan linen fabric in one because I didn't have a good black and white print to go in the frame. I think it worked out alright.




I switched out the lampshade with a white one from the guest room.


I stacked some books and a mother of pearl box (that I bought forever ago at TJ Maxx) on top of a platter.




I also placed a little bird and her nest under a cloche on a small vintage cake stand. Don't feel bad for the bird though. She's very happy under there....she told me so.

Have a great Monday!

26 Suburbanites Said:

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Your tablescape looks fabulous!

Karla said...

It's gorgeous!! It looks perfect! Hmm....you've inspired me...

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Oh gosh, that looks fabulous! And I love that you just shopped other rooms in order to do it. It's gorgeous. Great job!

Jackie said...

Wow what a difference.. I love the whole thing.. Great job. I would love to have that in my home.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great makeover! I love that little cloche. :)

Frugal Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frugal Jen said...

Sorry I messed up on the other comment. Wish the comment box had spell check. Great tablescape. I could see this gracing the page of a magazine!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Looks GREAT!

ellie mae said...

Ohhhhh, thats beautiful. Girl, you are just so talented! It looked nice before but now you got your WOW factor. Perfect!

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

That looks GREAT!
www.TheOldPostRoadBLOG.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love it! You learned your lessons from the Nester well! An A+!

Amber Filkins said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! Seriously. I love it. You did an awesome job. It's all beautiful.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Amen sister. This is really beautiful. Love the stack of books on the tray.

HeddyShea said...

Great job!

XO
SimplyHeddyShea

Unknown said...

I think it's so great how you put so much thought into making your home lovely for the 2 of you.
Stop by and pick up the award I have for you.

Unknown said...

Don't suppose you could hop on a plane right now and come down and re-do my tablescapes for me? This is beautiful. Love the birdy, the cloche, the sketch, the linen and especially the mother of pearl box.

The Nester said...

WOW!!!!

It looked reallly great to start off with I didn't think you could improve on it that much but you sure did!

B said...

Hey! I'm loving what you did with that chest of drawers; I can never get my 'nick-nacks' to look that well put together. It surely is an art-form!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness!!! That looks awesome!! Great job- and absolutely decorating is more fun than cleaning!!! :)
Blessings!

victoria said...

I don't know how you do it! All your projects turn out to be so beautifully! I loved your table scape.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Awww, thanks mom. You know I learned it all from you :).

Ness Lockyer said...

It looks so much better. great job.
Ness xx

Amanda TheEckLife said...

so very cute! I love how clean & fresh it looks. Great job!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So pretty. I love it! The layering is fabulous!

XOXO
Jen

Alicia said...

I can't believe what a difference just moving a few things around can make! That looks amazing.

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

where did you get your cloche.I can't find one :(