Art on a Shoestring - Alicia Bock

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I love Alicia Bock's photographs. They have such a dreamy quality to them. I imagine her having the coolest life...like something out of a Ralph Lauren ad or a French movie.

You know, wandering through sundrenched fields,
or strolling up and down the beach with the wind whipping through her hair,

or sitting at a French cafe sipping lattes and snapping photos.
I know noboody's life is really that dreamy (she is a mother after all), but that's the sort of ambience her photos have.
I recently bought a package of five of Alicia's postcard prints for $8. I was originally only going to frame a couple of them but I loved them so much I came up with a new plan. I tacked some twine to the wall like a clothesline and then hung the postcards with mini clothes pins.



Tres lovely...(yes, perhaps I should work on my French).

Alicia also has larger prints available for $35 on her Etsy shop or on her website, which is very reasonable in my humble and thrifty opinion. Not that she needs free advertising from me since she's a superstar and all (seriously, her stuff has been on Grey's Anatomy and Sex in the City)...I just had to share with y'all.

13 Suburbanites Said:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful, I'll check out her shop! Thanks for sharing, and your display is sheer genius.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

What a darling idea.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is a great idea! I love her photos. They ARE very dream-like!

XOXO
Jen

janet said...

beautiful photos!! nice way to display them
hugs
janet

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great way to display postcards. I do that with my kids artwork but sheesh why couldn't I think to put something else? LOL! It is, as you say "tres loverly".
Great idea!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Great idea!!! I love photography as artwork!

Amber Filkins said...

Those photos are seriously beautiful! It is dreamy. And being a mom myself, I could use a little dreamy escape at times.

Boy, could I....

:)

Unknown said...

I love the way you've displayed them. I want some photos to frame in my study, but everytime I go on Etsy I fall in love with a different photographer's work and can't decide. Now you've made it even harder!
Hey thank you so much for your beautiful words on my blog. I was so touched I got a little teary.
Catherine xx

Ness Lockyer said...

I have long been a fan. Like Catherine I don;t know what ones to choose. I like how you displayed them
Ness xx

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, lala! tres, tres lovely. ;) (My French needs work too) ;)

I really like your display...fun!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Tres lovely, indeed! (That's as much French as I can muster after taking it in college, sad to say.)

What a clever way to display these!

abeachcottage said...

oh yes! what a great idea, I'm a fan too, love this for a budget

sarah

kelsey said...

I saw that clothes pin idea on another site and LOVE it! It's so cute and simple. I'm definitely using that idea in the future :)

By the way, mom and I were talking and we vote you write for a magazine :)