Polyvore - Ok...I Get It, and I'm Hooked!

Friday, April 3, 2009

It's been a slow afternoon so I finally decided to check out Polyvore.com to see what all the fuss is about, and I "get it" now. It's pretty darn cool. Here's what I've created so far.


Serene Living Room 1

Ok...my fictional room isn't super impressive, but it's enough to make me want to go home and tweak my living room. Oh wait....maybe Polyvore wasn't a good discovery...drat :).

Have a great weekend everyone!

********************************************************
I edited this post because I kept playing around in Polyvore and I discovered they have Anthropologie stuff in there! So I had to create an Anthropologie room, right (good heavens...somebody stop me!)? This room is a little more bold than I could live with, but it's fictional...so I can just admire it :).


Anthropologie


If I come back with another room, I think I'll need an intervention.

21 Suburbanites Said:

Unknown said...

I haven't tried Polyvore yet, but it sure looks fun!

ellie mae said...

I havent tried it either. Its crazy busy today so I'll hopefully be able to try it out tonight :) Thanks for adding something else to my list! LOLOL

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I've seen it around, too, but it confuses me...maybe now I'll have to give it a try! ; )

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Yeah it kind of confused me too, so I never took the time to bother with it. I finally figured out how to use their pictures. Now I need to figure out how to pull in my own pictures.

Kim said...

Hi Annicole! Thanks for the great tip on that website. I'm off to check it out right now!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cool! Now I know what I'll do tonight after the girls go to bed while the hubs watches TV. :)

Unknown said...

I must admit I've never even heard of it. Must go and have a peek at it!
Have a great weekend AnNicole.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I've never tried it, but I like what you did to your rooms. I'll have to check it out.

Niki Jones said...

I love your blog. I am a lurker. But have come out of hiding to say...I am totally hooked on Polyvore too. LOVE it.

Mabel + Lola said...

Holy Cow! I could TOTALLY live with that Anthro room! Great job!

Victoria Hayden said...

How great! I have design software that I use in helping clients design their rooms, so much fun! I just came across your blog from Thrifty Decor Chick and love it! I am all about a great bargain and good design. I am now a follower and look forward to more posts.

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Unknown said...

You people who work in office's sure get a lot of fun stuff done during the day! LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with the blue chair in the second photo...Simply must have :) Anthropologie is a favorite of mine!!!

Tammy said...

I've got to check out Polyvore. Looks cool. And I love the round rug in the second room. Awesome.

Tara said...

Oh no, you should not have shown me this! I can't wait to give it a try!

My Galveston Cottage said...

What a cool thing; I think I'm getting it. I just clicked on the link, but I thought it was all about clothes. But, I think I might be wrong. I need to return. Thanks for sharing,-susan

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I have gotten as far as signing in to Polyvore, never getting further than that! No time, no time... I love your rooms, though. That mirror would look super cool in my foyer, and that chair (in red) would really work for me too!
~Misti

janet said...

oh this is too awesome, love how you did the rooms. Im the quick change artist, so this could be a good thing for me.
hugs
janet

Erin said...

I've never heard of polyvore before! I love the Anthropologie set you did. I could live in that store.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi! I love Polyvore too & have been using it for my inspiration boards. I don't think I've been to your blog before & it's so pretty. Looks like we hang out with a lot of the same friends. Hope you'll come and see me sometime. I'll have to add you to my regular list of reads!

Zane Wooder said...

I would love to see you create your own room in real life.

zane