Post 2: Organization for LUFF’s - BEFORE Pix

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I hope I didn’t sound too down on organization in yesterday’s post. The truth is, I LOVE an organized room . Having your home in order makes you feel like your LIFE is in order. It’s such a stress reliever.

So, as promised, here are the BEFORE photos of my all purpose guest room (AKA “the dumping ground”). Granted, these photos are the equivalent of showing y’all what I look like first thing in the morning…but I’m doing this for the sake of the project (ahh, the things we do for our blogs). So without further adieu:

IMG_2705-1

IMG_2706-1

Hopefully these painfully real photos will make the end result even more dramatic – and let you know that if you have a room that’s out of control you’re DEFINITELY not alone.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

Click here to read Post 1 of the Organization for LUFF's Series.

18 Suburbanites Said:

Kristi said...

Ok I feel a *teeny* bit better now that I know you have a 'messy' room but I have two & I can't see the floor so you should feel better that you CAN see the floor haha! I am trying my best to work on them as energy & time allow....I have a 2-year old and am pregnant so naps are a big part of my life right now haha! I look forward to seeing the 'afters' :)

The Chenowiths said...

You are so funny! Love it! Our house also has such a room and hopefully it too will be organized too before company comes by :)

Unknown said...

It is hard not to "grow" into that extra space. For me it is the dining room table.

Denise

www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

Lynette said...

WOW - I don't have any rooms like that right now - but we just moved - give me time!

Check your email, OK?

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Love it! I have an entire basement that looks like that.
Thanks so much for the encouraging words on my blog - I am feeling much better today. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a nice comment.
Thanks again, and I must go organize something now!'
Danielle

Houston said...

Well, I'll start by saying... you aren't alone. I have a room that is much more cluttered that yours... feel better yet? No? Alright well I have a second room, the unfinished part of our basement, that is referred to as our Room Of Shame, and not just by us but our friends and neighbors too! Feel better now? Good! I would love to join you and organize my office/scraproom/the place I'll be doing homework this year.
I thoroughly enjoy your blog and hope you have a wonderful 2010!

Anonymous said...

my goodness me. I know you will feel very good when you get it all put in its appropriate place. Now -- how you will go about doing that will certainly be a challenge (haha). My craft room is really terrible, so I'm not throwing any stones. I just get caught up in other things and when you start creating, organization goes right out the window (at least for me)

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

OK, here it is...I am MeganDVD and I am a closet abuser.

Whew! I feel better already!! I have 2 closets right now that are in dire condition. I KNOW I have to organize it. I KNOW that I just can't keep SHOVING it in by the pounds and ever so quickly shutting the door. I KNOW that my son will eventually need that closet for his attire. I KNOW..I KNOW...here is the thing. I just NEED to put on my big girl undies and do it.

Thank you for helping me sort through the drama. It is wonderful to know that I can now bring it all out of the closet. :)

Cheers~
e

Mom in High Heels said...

My whole house looks like that right now. Ack!

Dini said...

Do I see Twilight dolls?!?! Love this and can't wait to see the end result!

mimi charmante said...

I think that you snuck over to my house LAST year and shot that photo! That is why my mantra word for the year was *SIMPLIFY* which I spent the year doing. Can you say "Goodwill"??? I must have donated a third of our house! I feel so much better now though, with most things (yes, most, not all) having a home and the peaceful feeling I get with tidiness.
Best of luck to you my friend! I can't wait to see what you do!
xx

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Dini - Ha! Yes they're Twilight dolls. They were a gift from my Grandmother for Christmas. I'm pretty sure she heard that it was "the" gift to give or something...bless her heart. Although, in her defense, if you look at the bookshelf on the right, I have the full Twilight series :).

Kolein said...

OK, we're all the same!!! Thank you, thank you!! I have parts of my whole house that look like this and don't even get me started on what my brain feels like!!!! But in my imagination I have everything all ordered and neat and so beautiful! If the day could be more like 46 or 47 hours long, then maybe I'll get some of it done! I'm hoping to jump in on this organizing thing with you all!!! Now if I could just locate my camera.....

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I {heart} you. :) Thanks for being real. Before she came along, my younger daughter's room was once the dumping ground (perfect description. After she arrived, it became our bedroom. Ugh. We are working on it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your so awesome! So many times we see blogs that make us feel like we just can't live up to! Thank you for making it REAL!
I can't wait to see the end result!

Girly Stuff said...

My closet gets pretty bad pretty fast. I plan on painting, new flooring, a cool new dresser, maybe some track lighting. Just some new way to organize it.

But I feel like doing none of it. So maybe I'll snap out of this funk in a few months.

But you have fun. Can't wait to see the finished guest bedroom.

The kids said...

Thats not so bad! Looks like my office- minus the bed of course :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished room! I adore your home and how your son lets you include him. :) I've been reading now for awhile and just wanted to let you know how I love your ideas and creativity. I started my own blog and would love for you to take a peek -
meandmyyellowhouse.blogspot.com
Happy New Year!

 

blog design

Graphically Designing

our suburban cottage featured

Home & Garden Blogs
Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected