Organization Update

Friday, January 15, 2010

Well, I have made progress in my mission to organize our guest room. I now have a pretty bed,

IMG_2718

and a pretty floor (that I can actually see).

IMG_2720

The next step? Tackling my medieval filing system (do I get points for at least owning file folders?)

IMG_2721

I’ll report back Monday with my progress and some more organizing ideas for you.

Also, I thought I’d give you a heads up that Home Depot has all of it’s paint on sale this weekend. I went in this morning just thinking about buying some paint for a room that’s been bugging me (details to come soon) and I discovered that some of the Ralph Lauren paint was on clearance for $14! Plus I’ll get a $5 rebate! If my math is correct, that’s an entire gallon of good quality paint for $9!!! That’s what I’m talking about people. I’d say it’s worth checking out (click on photo for details).

Paint Sale HD 1-15-10

 

Have a great weekend!

sig

15 Suburbanites Said:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Yes you get points for owning file folders but you get even more points for telling me about the paint! Wahoo! Ugly red kitchen, hang on, support is coming!

standsure said...

Awww, the bed looks fabulous AN. And there is our little love of ticking! Susan

Pine Tree Home said...

mmmm, loving the blue and lavender.

Rebekah said...

Ugh, filing. I always do so well at the beginning of the year, but by June I always fall completely off the wagon. I know it happens in June because last week I sat down and filed all the papers that had been piling up and that's how long the oldest ones had been waiting to be dealt with. This year I am going to try to do better. We'll see! :)

Christine said...

I signed up for the Home Depot sale alerts last week and wanted to kick something when I got the notification about the paint sale...two days after I purchased a gallon there. At least I'll get the rest of the paint I need on sale. Good luck with your organizing. It's always such an effort, but makes you feel so accomplished and peaceful when it's done.

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I start EVERY quarter of pharmacy school with a pristine white binders, folders, and a plethura of highlighters and pens at my disposal....by week 10 (week 11 is FINALS)...my now slightly ivory cracked binders and salsa stained folders are all stuffed in my "pharmacy cabinet" binders are somewhat holding my papers as well as themseleves together..and I can't find a writing utensil in sight....so..yes, you do get MEGA points in my book.

Oh! I see the aqua fabric on your bed. I was weighing my options btw that one and a toile at Hobby Lobby. How I LOVE yummy fabrics.

Cheers~
e

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I adore the new design of your blog! So chic and clean and pretty...I bet you love it! Janell

Anonymous said...

I'm organizing files as we speak since I've decided to make a bedroom into my office. I cannot wait to have a room so I can finally organize my whole life! :) Can't wait to see what you do with your files - is there anything else we can use besides those plastic things to hold the folders? I could get crafty and cover them with fabric - I'd rather just go buy something pretty that's already done!
Pretty pillows ~
Sarah

Jennibell said...

Thanks for the heads' up on the paint sale! Can't wait to see the entire retreat you are creating with this re-do :) And oh, I LOVE file folders!! My computer cannot replace some of those. ..

Missy in Texas said...

Thanks for the tip on the paint sale. I have been putting painting off. This is just what I needed to get me started.

Melanie said...

That paint sale is right up your alley, isn't it? I won't be going to buy paint but that is a great deal. Too bad I feel lazy and don't want to go to Home Depot:) My husband will be glad though. No money being spent!

Pauline Wiles said...

A quick suggestion - be careful how you fill out the rebate paperwork and take a copy of it all before you send it. I tried to claim in a Home Depot paint rebate and they wrote back and said I hadn't sent the correct bits. I, of course, hadn't kept any copies so there was nothing I could do. But I was suspicious they were simply wriggling out of paying up...
Love the look of the colors you have on the guest room bed!

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see the finished project!!!

DANIELLE said...

I want to know where you got that run -- it's GORGEOUS and just the right colors for MY guest bedroom!

The House That A-M Built said...

Perfection! A-M xx

 

blog design

Graphically Designing

our suburban cottage featured

Home & Garden Blogs
Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected