Happy New Year!!!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

It’s me! I’m still alive and well. As you can tell, I fully unplugged over the holidays. It was fab, and much needed. Thanks so much for your patience. In fact I unplugged so much I didn’t even make it to Ikea or Anthropologie this time! I know…I’m as stunned as you are. Instead here’s a montage of odd photos from my trip.

Me in my Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve. Excuse the split in my bangs – nobody (uh hum…my son…or poodle) bothered to alert me.

IMG_2652

Hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls..yum…

IMG_2659

IMG_2662

A mix CD from my son. It says “All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my Mother. - Lincoln”. Doesn't that make you want to cry?!

IMG_2669

Can you say “beautiful”?!!!

IMG_2686

The best chimichanga I’ve eaten in months. Mmm, makes me want another one right.now.

IMG_2674

A living room set I wanted to take home with me at Pottery Barn.

IMG_2671

Loved this display too.

IMG_2670

A mannequin with its pants down. Of course I had to take a picture…and share it with y’all.

IMG_2688

IMG_2689

The last night in town. Me and my boy.

IMG_2700

I’ll be back tomorrow with something a tad more interesting…and decorating related.

Have a great Monday!

15 Suburbanites Said:

Marla said...

What a sweet son! I love the CD he wrote on, love that saying! Good for you for unplugging. Blessings to you in the new year.

Lynette said...

Welcome back!! What a sweet son and totally cool name! My girl can do stuff like that that will just make me melt and other times, well you know!

Loved your pics - but that one of you and your boy - treasured memories!!

Happy New Year to you! You need to come by my blog and see what all I've been up to - not that I'm braggin' or anything . . .

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have always LOVED your blog. I have been a lurker for over a year and have decided it is time to come out of my shell and enter the blog world. Here is to a blessed, cheerful, and meaningful 2010. :)

Cheers~
e

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

love the pics. the CD is so sweet!!

Anne said...

Your son can give my little guys lessons in mother appreciation ANY TIME. :) What a sweetheart!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Can't wait to see what you've got planned. Glad you enjoyed your time.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You are just too cute. :) I am hoping to make a little jaunt up to IKEA soon...it's only about 40 minutes away from me, but it's hard to get up there with my two little crazies. Your son must be an absolute sweetheart...what a thoughtful gift he gave you. :)

Pony Girl said...

I'm glad you unplugged! We all need to now and then, eh? I love your pictures from your holidays. That CD over- oh, sniff! So sweet. You reminded me I just got the new PB catalog and haven't even looked at it yet! Yikes! :)
Wishing you a blessed and wonderful 2010!!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I unpugged also..a whole 17 days!!!!! Welcome back.
your friend,
Janet

Anonymous said...

The picture of you and your son melts my heart! So glad to have you back! Can't wait to see what creations you have coming up!!

Smiles,
Kolein - New York

Alely said...

What a sweet gift from your son! You definitely look more like his sister than his mom! I've enjoyed reading your posts. Looking forward to your 2010 posts!
Blessings,
Alely

Lori said...

I am just getting a chance to read this now - great pictures and wonderful memories! Loving that coffee table with the little wheels!

Tracey said...

I love the blog. Where is the Mexican food from?

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Tracey - It's from Su Casa in Salt Lake City. Super yummy chimichangas...

gina said...

This WAS interesting- i love peeking into people's worlds. That CD is the sweetest thing EVER!! You lucky mama you.

 

blog design

Graphically Designing

our suburban cottage featured

Home & Garden Blogs
Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected