Can We Talk Fashion?

Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm breaking my own rules here. I'm usually very strict with myself about not talking about anything on this decorating blog except decorating. But I really want to talk fashion, so can I? Please?

I don't know about you guys, but in my quest to have a beautiful home I've neglected my wardrobe to the point that I occasionally find myself wearing worn out shoes and the same sweater I wore in 1999 (has it really been 10 years?!).

That's not all bad, but c'mon...a girl needs something new every once in a while, right?! So here's a glimpse at some things I'm craving. Oh...and with all things decoration (well...and everything else too) I'm frugal. So, I'm giving more expensive options and less expensive options. Enjoy!

Warm, Comfy Chunky Knit Cardigans

J. Crew - Donegal Shawl Cardigan $148.00 (ouch)


Gap - Chunky Hooded Sweater $78.00 (Still in a little pain)


Old Navy - Long Button-Front Sweater Coat $44.50 (Starting to breathe again)

Skinny Jeans (That you don't have to be super skinny to wear)

Banana Republic - Classic Dark Wash Skinny Jean $90.00 (Sorry, I don't have a link because the website wasn't cooperating today.)

Old Navy - Sweetheart Distressed Skinny Jean (on Sale for $25.00...score!)

Scarves

Banana Republic - Heritage Striped Wrap $44.99 (On sale)

Old Navy - Floral Gauze Scarf $12.50


American Eagle - Menswear Plaid Scarf $9.95 (On sale)

Boots


Anthropologie - Winding Ruffle Boots $258.00 (Ouch - punched in the gut)

Piperlime - Unisa Riri $99.00


Lucky Brand - Angel Tall Boot $199.00


Target - Merona Kallista Riding Boots $29.99 (On sale)

Have a great weekend!

19 Suburbanites Said:

Wendi P said...

When you hit the nail on the head you hit the nail on the head.I think we might have the same sweater from 1999. LOL !! Thanks, for the eyeopener.

Jessi said...

Of course you can talk fashion! We can't always have a spray can strapped to our hands. I loooove those Lucky boots. I might have to splurge.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

You have such great style!
I REALLY want to buy some flat boots, thanks for the inspiration. I love it when blogs do an expensive vs. cheap option.

Sheila said...

I do not like skinny jeans at all... I feel you must be skinny and I am not so I boycott them :) I love the Anthro boots though super sweet. Make today a great day.

Sheila

Victoria said...

Hey, at the Old Navy's here in Ga the long sweaters/coats are on sale for $20! You might want to check ON out this weekend in your area and see if they are the same. ;)

Heidi D. said...

Hey now! Just stick those circa '99 sweaters in a Space Bag and in 10 years you'll be good to go. I want skinny jeans too, but unfortunately my circa 2009 body is no longer in the appropriate shape to wear them. Love the chunky sweaters, though.

amylouwhosews said...

I love the gap and old navy sweaters! Especially that sweater coat! I'm just afraid I'm never tall enough or skinny enough to pull it off. grrr.

I have to say - the BR skinny jeans - are they really folded and rolled? That's so 80's I'm scared.

Kelly said...

Old Navy has their "cardi-coats" on sale right now for $20 here in Idaho too. $20! I'm a cardigan/sweater junky so I'm really excited about that!

Heidi D. said...

Re: folded & rolled skinny jeans...

some trends should NEVER make a reappearance, no matter what decade they are from.

(Hammer pants, anyone?)

April Pantall said...

Love the scarves. I'm glad you had Target items - its one of my favorite (cheaper) places to shop and still find classy, fashionable stuff!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh I LOVE to talk fashion! If I had all the money in the world I would only shop at J Crew. I love that store! They have the cutest things in there right now! Makes me hyperventilate just thinking about it...

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

Fashion is decorating---yourself.

Pony Girl said...

I love your post! I have a horsey blog yet I still post about fashion and home decor. Pop over to my post from yesterday, I have a few things that would go nicely with your cute selections! I love all that you featured, that is totally my style! I manage to shop outlets and Target to get good deals. I hardly pay more than $29 for anything these days! :)

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

JCrew is absolutely my favorite store!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I am loving all the fall fashions. I splurged on those Anthro boots...and now I can not buy anything for the rest of the season;-)

Esther said...

Love all of that stuff. It's just my style. Wish I could get the 2nd pair skinny jeans. What a price!

Tiffany said...

LOVING those riding boots from Target! I think I might mosey on over there (online) and make a purchase!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I adore those winding ruffle boots!! :) I actually like that Old Navy sweater coat, and I might just have to go try on their skinny jeans. :)

the undomesticated wife said...

I actually picked up those boots from Anthro to look at them a few weeks ago, and quickly put them back after seeing the price tag. ;) I love them, and a good pair of boots can last you almost a lifetime, but I'm too frugal. So, I've been hitting up the thrift stores all summer (people get rid of their winter stuff during the summer) and have scored several pairs of fantastic boots! All but one pair looked brand new, and that one pair looked worn maybe once. Try it!