Tell Me More...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thanks so much for your kind comments on yesterday's post. I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally have my bathroom coming together!

I promise I'll show you the full bathroom once it's all pulled together (I still have to install faucets, a new light fixture, etc.), but I thought I'd answer a few of your questions today.
A few of you asked about my "Keep Calm Carry On" poster. I bought it a couple years ago from Sfgirlbybay's Etsy store. She still carries this seafoam aqua color (click here), and she also offers other great colors. I know everyone has this poster now, but I don't care...I still love it. Seriously...a cute crown and a nice message? How could I not love it?!


I filled my apothocary jars with some bath salts I already owned, some cheap Method Brand soaps from the grocery store (I'd prefer fancy ones, but I'll have to save up for those), and some sponges I found in the art department at Hobby Lobby. Yep, they have sea sponges over by the painting supplies.


I found my locker basket at a local flea-tique store. I saw it a few weeks ago, but left without it (I know...feel free to smack me). I went back to the store over the weekend and miraculously it was still there! I snatched it up immediately. I know you can buy them on ebay as well.


Finally, a few of you asked about the painting technique I used on my bathroom cabinet. Tune in tomorrow for a full post on painting and glazing cabinets! (Ummm, is there any chance the exclamation point makes you less angry at me for making you wait an extra day?...lol).

Have a great day!

21 Suburbanites Said:

Anonymous said...

The cabnets look fab...look forward to finding out how you did them.

Anonymous said...

OK, it is late so I have miss spelled a few things. Cabinets being one!

Unknown said...

Love the seafoam aqua background of your Keep calm and carry on poster. I saw a great twist on that recently - on a cloth shopping bag "Keep calm and carry on shopping".
I'm off to ebay to see if I can spy some locker baskets now!

~Kristen~ said...

Looking forward to the painting post! We are planning to paint our kitchen cabinets very soon...but we have never painted cabinets before.

Dawn said...

Your cabinets look beautiful!

I'm so going to look for locker baskets!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear about your cabinet. I have one in an upstairs bath that needs HELP! Thank you as always for all you share. You make me smile.

Charla

Kim said...

So far, I think your bathroom rocks - can't wait to see the rest.
Kim

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

It looks so fresh and peaceful!

kahlanne said...

Can't wait to see how you did the cabinets. I love your decorating style and can't wait to see more!

Rebekah said...

Such a relaxing space, AnNicole! I LOVE that aqua color.

Unknown said...

I really love the accessories.

Anonymous said...

I love the jars and baskets you used. What a great way to organize and make things pretty at the same time.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I like everything I've seen of your bathroom so far. Can't wait to see more!

A weekend in France sounds good to me, too. Although, I'm so burned out from work lately, I'd settle for a weekend with absolutely nothing to do. I fantasize about sleeping in late and then lying around with a book on the back deck all day with a glass of lemonade in my hand. Ahhh. :-)

Jen said...

Can't wait for TOMORROW:)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Everything is fabulous! :)

Leen said...

It's looking great! I can't wait to see more!

I too, suddenly need locker baskets :)

SoBella Creations said...

You must check out http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5533583 Soap Lane's Etsy Shop. She has fantastic soap. My girls love the Hello Kitty Soap.

Love the new colors you have chosen. Can't wait to see the final reveal.

AEOT said...

Where did you get the door pulls? I adore the glass/crystal look on a colored cabinet or dresser and I think they would look so cute in my (eventual) nursery!

Victoria said...

The bathroom is looking great!!! Love the poster, the basket, the knobs...okay, so I love everything about it! Can't wait to see more.

Jen said...

Wow, looks great! Do we get to see the full cabinet in all it's glory tomorrow??? I have a boring bathroom cabinet in need of a makeover--can't wait for your tutorial...

DESJ and Company said...

I ordered the poster today!
In chocolate brown...need ot figure out where to put it!