Patio in Progress..AKA The Blue Period

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I've desperately been needing some patio furniture, and I just haven't done it because it's so darn expensive!!! However, how can I possibly have outdoor get-togethers if I don't have anywhere for people to sit? So I told myself I could spend $100, to improve my patio situation.

Wanna see what I found? Oh, I'm sooo excited.

Disclaimer: This is where I meant to include the actual photo of the glider I was going to buy after my dentist appointment this afternoon...but the appointment ended up being a little more complicated than planned and one of my cheeks looks like I'm hiding a jaw breaker in there...I'm not even kidding. Therefore the photo below is a a similar bench I found online (ummm..does it sound like I had a lawyer draft that disclaimer?...just checking).


Isn't it cute? The real glider is from Garden Ridge and it's on sale this week for $80.00 (well, $79.99 but c'mon...who do they think they're fooling?). It's hard for me to fork out $80.00 on any one item, but I knew it had to be done.

I then stopped by TJ Maxx and found these adorable, beachy outdoor pillows.



They came in sets of 2 for $19.99...not too bad.

And while I was at it I had to buy the matching placemats...why not, eh?


Oh...and I stumbled upon this Dash and Albert outdoor rug at TJ Maxx and I just couldn't pass it up. Although, it may end up inside...soooo many possibilities.



So...if you do the math, I went a little over my $100 limit...but that still wasn't bad for everything I bought. And I am so excited to get it all together so we can finally enjoy our patio!

So that's it for now. I'll be sure to report back when it's finished.

23 Suburbanites Said:

Frugal Jen said...

I look forward to seeing the photos of it all put together. New patio furniture is on my want list too.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Love it all! Sign me up for some of that TJMaxx action! Fabulous!

Amy

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Don't worry, my math skills aren't that good. ;) I love those pillows!

Adrienne said...

crisp and cool... i like that!

Megan Lee said...

Loving it so far. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the cost of patio furniture. It is highway robbery for what some of the stores want for their furniture. I just can't pay that kind of money for stuff that is going to set outside in the weather.

Love all that you have gotten so far and can not wait to see what you do with it ;o)

Donna said...

I got the same pillows from my TJ Maxx! I got the seat cushion, too. It goes great with my Blue Willow dishes.

Anonymous said...

I saw those pillows, keep looking at them for my front porch, I love them. Is that really a Dash & Albert rug? I have never seen one at TJ. Please show us everything all put together and I hope your mouth heals quickly.

LeAnn:)

Shannan Martin said...

Love it all! And now I'm pining for a trip to TJ Maxx.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ahhh, I am sooooo wanting to get our deck decorated! And I LOVE Garden Ridge!! This is awesome, I'm going to check it out there.

MamaEscandon said...

Love it! I saw those pillows a few weeks ago at TJ Maxx... and put off buying them because I had a hideous couch. Well, we bought new couches and off I went to the store to see if they stil had them. They were sold out. Gone. It made me really, really depressed. I'm happy for you though!

Sarah said...

A frugal lady with great taste- fabulous!!!

Victoria said...

Those pillows are gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all together. :)

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I am so jealous! Next year when finances are better, I will be on a mission to work on my covered deck! I will make a plan, scour every yard sale and get it done. I want a very eclectic mix of fun, funky stuff out there. You did a great job, can't wait to see it all put together. Hurry up! Where are those pics already???

~Misti

~Kristen~ said...

Don't you just love TJ Maxx?!! If you hit it just right you can find some fabulous stuff!!! Can't wait to see the finished patio.

~Kristen~ said...

Oh! Forgot to mention! I have an award for you over at my blog!

stephanie h said...

Love it all! Can't wait to see it all fixed up. :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love TJ Maxx. Always good to go in with a budget because I can certainly find SOMETHING I can use to transform just about any room!

So is that really a Dash & Albert rug? If so, I better run, not walk, (well, ok, drive) over there right now. I love those rugs. Even if it isn't a real D&A, it is super cute!

Happy day!

Unknown said...

Great finds! I love blue and white and am totally loving the pillows/rug/placemats.

Rebekah said...

I'm on the lookout for new furniture for my back porch, which is soon to be improved with the addition of railings and nice new steps. I'm thinking a settee similar to that one and a long backless bench that can be used for seating or as a coffee table. We'll see. I may be too cheap to purchase actual patio furniture. Love the blue!

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

Isn't TJ Maxx just the best?! It is very hard to stay away from that store. Love your purchases; post pics soon of it all finished!

SoBella Creations said...

Great pillows!

Cynthia said...

I love how you show great style on a budget. I have a wooden glider on my patio that my sweetie made for me and I love it...nothing like a summer evening, sitting on my glider with a glass of wine...going back and forth, back and forth. My dog loves it too. The minute I sit down, she jumps up to sit next to me.