Paint Color Party!

Thursday, June 4, 2009


Melissa at 320 Sycamore is having a favorite paint color party today. I am so excited about this party because I L-O-V-E paint colors....like seriously, a collection of paint chips is more exciting to me than a box of chocolates. I love paint that much. And then to actually see colors and other people's homes and actually be told what they are?!...oh stop, it's too much.

So, while I was excited about the party, I wasn't originally going to participate because the reality is that can't say I know what my favorite colors are yet. I've only lived in our cottage a year and I think one must get to know one's house. It's like that scene in Under the Tuscan Sun where Diane Lane talks about introducing herself to her house and letting her home introduce itself to her. I'm a firm believer in that concept.

There's honestly only one room in my house right now where I'm completely content with the paint color. Le Kitchen...


The color is Restoration Hardware's Cappuccino and it works so well in this room because there's plenty of light, and it's combined with cream cabinets, tan floors, and black and white accents (and a smidge of silver sage).

I also like the color in my living room (The Nester's Tobacco Road...do you think the paint company knows it's her's? If not they should...and pay her residuals or something).

I think it may have been mixed just a little off, though, because it's a smidge too yellow for me. I'd prefer if it had a bit more tan in it, but it is very warm and cozy.

I thought I'd also share some great paint colors from the house I used to live in.

Ralph Lauren Cotswold Breeches was used in both the living room and guest bath (below). It's a nice substantial neutral with green undertones. Very nice.


I used Ralph Lauren Archectural Cream on my kitchen cabinets and Ralph Lauren Manor Gray on the walls. It's a very nice combo.

Finally, I painted the laundry room Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage and it was my FAVORITE room in the house. It's such a soothing green. It has a lot of gray in it so it doesn't take any energy to look at it...does that make sense to anyone besides me? (oh...and yes, this is the only photo I have...sorry!).

Soooo, I'll be sure to let you know when I develop new favorite paint colors in the Cottage, but be sure to head over to Melissa's to see other great paint ideas. Enjoy!

28 Suburbanites Said:

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Your paint colors are so serene and lovely. Great home colors!

Melissa said...

AnNicole~thank you so much for joining the party today, especially since you just barely got your feet back on U.S. ground! I know exactly what you mean by getting to know your house and what colors do/do not work in it. Your kitchen is one of *my* favs, so I'm so glad you featured it. I'm loving the Cotswold Breeches as well. Have a great day~

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Great colors, Love your new kitchen especially! And that Svelte Sage too! I agree that it takes a bit of time to "know" your house, but that time is so worth it in the end :)!
Blessings,
Stacey

The Stylish House said...

AnNicole,
Love all your colors. I am getting ready to paint my guest bathroom Svelte Sage; it is definitely a good one. ~Cathy~

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love your paint colors, AnNicole! That Svelte Sage is so pretty--and it made me laugh when you said that was the only photo of it you had. I love the sage green in my mudroom but couldn't find a decent photo of it last night when I was writing my post (and didn't want to clean the room to take one--ha). All of my mudroom pics were sort of like yours, minus the cute dog. :-)

Hope you're having a great week!

Megan Lee said...

I absolutely love the first picture of the kitchen. I think the paint color looks amazing next to the color of the cabinets. This is EXACTLY what I want when I finally buy a house. Note to self...

Anonymous said...

I love the sage green of your old laundry room, it looks like the color in my living room(which is Sherwin Willams, but I have no idea of the color name!) You kitchen is so pretty.

Jadehollow said...

Beautiful color.. love your kitchen and that board you've chosen under your chair railing.
Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Lovely colors! I'm enjoying a peek into everyone's homes to see their paint colors. Yours are all nice too. I too love paint chips! :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You can't go wrong with RH colors - I love your kitchen. It's the reason I started reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

love how you've taken neutral colors and made them pop with accessories and decor.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

AnNicole, I love your paint colors!! :)

Magic Brush said...

Love them all! I just commented on another blog that the Nester should get kickbacks every time someone buys the Tobacco Road.

Unknown said...

Love your colors, it's always amazing to me how many shades of "beige" there are! The only problem with this whole party thing is now I'm wanting to repaint with all the fabulous colors I'm discovering!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I'm in love with the feel of your home because of the colors you chose. Beautiful job. Also I LOVE what you did with your skinny kitchen windows by the table. Great inspiration here!

white flower farmhouse said...

You have one gorgeous kitchen! Love ALL of your color choices. I want to go to the party too, Lori

ItaJeff said...

Your kitchen is amazing, love the color and decors.

Have a nice day
Lots of luv,
Ita

imjacobsmom said...

Yeah, I love your kitchen colors, too. It works perfectly for you! ~ Robyn

Cynthia said...

I really like the colors in your kitchen. So clean and fresh looking.

Karen said...

Love your kitchen color...where can I find it?

Marie said...

Love your kitchen! Fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Brenda Pruitt said...

You have a lovely home (you're quite the decorator!) and you picked some nice colors to accentuate your decor.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Lovely...tres belle. Actually kitchen is feminine so it would be la kitchen...though in french it is "la cuisine" in truth.
:)

Victoria said...

I always love seeing pictures of your peaceful kitchen! Would you mind sharing what kind of lighting you have in your kitchen? I see the chandy over the table but was curious about the kitchen.

abeachcttage said...

the kitchen colours are delightful and it all pulls together beautifully

Sarah

Unknown said...

We've been renters for many years so white has always been the color of our walls.
My husband says that we'll eventually buy when we go into a different line of business.
I love the colors you have shown.

Anna said...

I love your paint colors! This might be a silly question, but I'm wondering how you pick the "right" cream for your white cabinets -- sometimes you see white kitchens that look so cold and so I've always steered away from them... but your photos are lovely!

House Painting Tutorials said...
This comment has been removed by the author.