Don't Hate Me Because I'm a Smidge Nuts

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Okay, I’m a little nervous here. I’ve been trying to figure out how to break this to you for…oh, a few months now. Here goes….

Remember my master bathroom reveal from last June? Well, I liked a lot of things about it, but (gulp)...I never loved it. Never. I would like it in someone else’s house, but it just wasn’t me. It was just too shabby chic for my taste. I like a little of that, but I knew I needed something “crisper” and more classic (um, you still there?).

I also realized that I was trying to avoid tackling some of the hard things that I KNEW needed to be done (like getting rid of that nasty carpet and facing my fear of installing tile myself). Sometimes all a room needs is some paint and accessories. But sometimes you have to do just a little more.

Soooo…want to follow me as I do a redesign? I have an amazing plan that I’m so excited about, and, as always, it will be done on a dime. I’ve already begun a few things and I’ll show you the first project tomorrow.


Have a great Monday!

20 Suburbanites Said:

JacciM said...

What's so nuts about that? I figure only *re*doing one little room here and there isn't so bad ;) I think I'm about to repaint the bedroom I painted in June.

Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve!

Jacci

Annie said...

I'm SO excited! And SO happy to know I'm not the only one out there in Blogsville that gets a little skerred at starting a new (but oh-so-wanted) project. Can't wait to see what you're doing!!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Best way to get something done is to announce it I say. :) I do new things I've never done before daily and screw up too. Only way you'll learn.

If I can tile a floor, so can you! :) Check out my front entry. Try a pattern why doncha?!?

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2009/07/tile-floor-complete-final-reveal-of.html

Can't wait to see what's in store!

Donna

Wendy said...

Isn't that the best part about decorating..one day we love it and the next we see it has an even better potential! Can't wait to see what you decide to change! Which I am sure will be great!

Lori said...

We learn from our mistakes ~ sometimes we don't think they are mistakes at the time but inspirations for bigger and better things. I cannot wait to see what you do!

Anne said...

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who changes her mind and can't shake the "it's just not me" feeling and keeps on tweaking ...!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Sometimes you have to live with something for awhile to decide what to do next, what you love, what you need and want to change. I will enjoy seeing what you do to make it into a room you love. Good luck!! Janell

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your blog and I can not wait to follow your progress in your bathroom. Traci from Three Dogs at Home.

Alisa D. said...

Well, at least it's just a smidge. Just kidding. Believe me, I'm constantly changing things because while it's okay something just doesn't feel right, so I can relate. You should love your space, especially your bedroom. Looking forward to seeing the do over.

Suzann said...

Not nuts - I did the exact same thing. Only now my bedroom just looks silly. I must find new bedding and artwork. UGH. I am excited to see your redo. Perhaps you will inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Hi AnNicole,
Please don't apologize because you want to redo something, honey I'm the queen of that!! However, I must say I just went back and looked at your bathroom photos and I thought it was pretty so I can't wait to see what you did. Please stop by sometime and say hello.

LeAnn:)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I could never hate you. Crazy loves company. ;) I agree with Donna...this is the best way to get it done--announce it on your blog. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Sure, I'll follow! I love following crazy people!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Aww, look at y'all showing the love. You're right Amanda, crazy loves company :-).

Thanks for the support! I'm blowing kisses your way.

AnNicole

beth said...

I am CONSTANTLY redoing things around here. It drives my husband nuts! I'll change something, declare it "perfect", then a month later, I don't like it anymore. That's just the way it goes for us girls with decorating ADD. :)

Have fun with your bathroom redo, and have a very happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Lynette said...

Hey - live and learn right? Only way to know if you're going to like it is if you try it out!

Can't wait to see what you come up with - HOPEFULLY we'll be decorating our rooms at the same time!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Mikael@starter home to dream home said...

I totally get you! I LOVE all styles, but sometimes it just doesnt work to LIVE in it. YOu gotta LIVE with something you LOVE. So change it! I am currently working up a design plan for my master bedroom, thanks for the nudge, I gotta stick with my instinct as far as style goes :)

Unknown said...

This is soooooo much better than HGTV!!! I have spent countless hours watching shows and searching around on there website, and this blog puts it all to shame. You are very inspirational and actually show HOW to do these amazing projects. I just bought my first house and am looking forward to using some of your ideas.

Unknown said...


Wow that is so awesome! Great post ! I wish I could do so good ! if have chance you can visit my Bathtub Taps ,and give me some help, thanks!

Unknown said...

Considering the immense popularity enjoyed by robinets vente at reduced rates, it's not astonishing that every main brands are leaving no robinets cascade unturned inside as being a piece of the gravy train. The robinetterie baignoire selection of designs plus styles has ensured that the radioactive stocks of these elegant, distinctive plus affordable robinets LED fly off the shelves inside shops with amazing briskness. Pot filler or individual hole faucets, pull-down or pre wash, pull-out or individual lever mitigeur douche, two-handle or wall-mount faucets for your kitchen, the options are simply staggering.

 

blog design

Graphically Designing

our suburban cottage featured

Home & Garden Blogs
Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected