Easy Ways to Bring Spring into Your Home

Thursday, April 8, 2010

1) Switch out heavy fabrics, blankets and pillows for light weight cotton and linen.

2) Clip blooms from your garden and display them in your home, or splurge on some fresh tulips from the store.

3) Crack a window and let some fresh air into your house.

Country Living Bedroom-white-linens

(imagine there’s a breeze flowing through this room…tough to get a photo of an actual breeze)

4) Add an inviting door mat and a pot of flowers by the front door.

How do you bring Spring into your home?

sig

Image Credits: 1) Country Living, 2) Country Living, 3) Martha Stewart, 4) Country Living

15 Suburbanites Said:

Julie Johnson said...

Beautiful images! I love to clip branches from our flowering trees. I'm making pillows from burlap and linen to add spring to the living room. I just bought another$1.49 bunch of daffodils from Trader Joes!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Lovely! Flowers are BIG for me for bringing Spring into my home. I also add more whites & creams in my decorating and brighter colors. My garden-style decor comes out to be displayed too! :) Great ideas! Thanks!!
Blessings,
Stacey

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I do a little bit of Easter decorating, but for the rest of the Spring I like my birdhouses, (fake) birds, and flowers to freshen things up.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I've been opening my windows every afternoon lately and it's remarkable how cozy and different it makes my home feel!

Unknown said...

Feel fresh air, that's great. Great tips.

Charo

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Don't know...still working on it. I am trying to add more real flowers to my house. So fresh!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

These are 5 very good ideas. What a lovely reminder. Iam really thinking about making light taupe slipcovers with a huge monogram on the back for my 18th century sofas. I think it would lighten up my livingroom!
Love the idea of opening windows! Fesh spring air!
Yvonne

Emily said...

This post makes me want to run out and get all this right now in the middle of the night! ha It also gets me thinking that I really need a new doormat :)

Melanie said...

I don't change anything in my house but I do stuff outside. I spring wreath on the door, plants, etc.

I love flowers too.

Folkman's said...

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year! Everything is becoming beautiful again! I love the flosering branches picture with the cut elittle birds!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

You mean I should remove the Christmas mat that is still by my front door? Can you believe that? How embarrassing. It really is. I'm going to move it now. BTW--I miss you! Shoot me an email sometime and let me know how you're doing!

Sassily Yours... said...

OMG....I HEART that pinched quilt in the picture. Wherever did you find it?

For spring, we plant. A lot. I love fresh flowers and fruit from our trees in the house.

Tiffany said...

i bought a huge flowerpot very similar to the one photo'ed at ikea today...$5.99 and $2 for the saucer. SCoRE!

Unknown said...

great tips! I especially love the open windows and fresh flowers, there's nothing like the smell of spring!

Unknown said...

Love the white bedding... it looks a little like my guest room bedding! So fresh and elegant!

Lindsay
A Design Story