IF I CAN'T HAVE COTTAGE LIVING....

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Okay, I should really stop pouting about the fact that Cottage Living is no longer with us. So, in the spirit of moving on I've embraced a new magazine (well...new to me), Coastal Living. It's a little more beachy than Cottage Living...ummm, understandably since it is "Coastal" Living, but it's not bad....and by "not bad" I mean it's really pretty darn good, I'm just still pouting.













And I'm dying to know more about these spray paint colors!


All images: Coastal Living

*************************************************

Also, don't forget I'll be having a GIVEAWAY this Friday that you won't want to miss!

16 Suburbanites Said:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

YES! Those pictures look great. I love the pantry door in that kitchen. And if you ever find out about those spray paint colors - will you post it??? I need to redo my bar stools and it would make my life so much easier if I could spray paint them!

Thanks for the inspiration!

XOXO
Jen

Amber Filkins said...

I also loved Cottage Living. But you do have to admit that Coastal Living has some really great stuff too! LOVE those pictures. I love that one of the staircase.

Unknown said...

Wonder if I can get a copy of this magazine in Australia. I will be keeping a lookout now. Love the use of the screen door on the pantry - very cute, although it means you'd have to keep it tidy all the time.

Painter's Place said...

I also LUVED Cottage Living. When I got the first issue of Coastal Living in the mail and an apology for stopping the publication of Cottage Living, I was like....how dare they send me a beach magazine to replace my cottage mag....but you know what? I luv it too! I do go to Myrtle Beach every summer and I do wish that my house looked like the place we always stay in, so what was I complaining about. Hope u luv it as much!!!

Martha said...

I also loved Cottage Living and have all the issues from the very first one! I was sad, too. Coastal Living can never take it's place in my part of the world -- we're just too far from that darn ocean!

Cottage Lifestyle said...

I wish I would have received Coastal Living as a replacement to my cherished Cottage Living...I get Southern Accents (which is so not me) was the replacement and that hasn't even been showing up. I love Coastal Living and have been a subscriber for many, many years.

Renee

Kelli said...

I love the bright flowers in the blue jars and the green striped towel on the tub!

SoBella Creations said...

I will have to check out coastal living next time I'm at the bookstore. I live in Florida so I should get some good tips on decorating.

Amber B. said...

I am still pouting. But I do like Coastal Living, too. I like that white kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I've been searching and searching for a photo to inspire my bathroom remodel and I've just found it! I just emailed my husband that top picture! Thank you so much!

ps I miss cottage living too! I'm still hoping it makes a comeback like Victoria magazine did!!! (fingers crossed)

Marie said...

Ha!Ha! I'm like you, i'm a home mag junkie and cottage living was my #1 fav mag so I was so sad when they went defunct...I even dreamed of having my home featured in Cottage Living. I also subscribe to Coastal Living, being that I live by the beach, but not the same as Cottage Living.
-marie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I'm missing Cottage Living also :0(.
These pics are great and as usual the kitchen and dining table are my faves. I'm just naturally drawn to these two specific areas.
Have a great day!

ellie mae said...

OH, Im really loving those pictures. So airy and light. You know me, I love my browns, blacks and beige, but Im starting to want more white. White gives me heartburn just thinking of all our dogs, kids, and the desert dirt just waiting to grab on to the white whatever I have but alittle bit of white I think would add so much.

Anonymous said...

Do you have Lowes in your area? They have a wonderful selection of different spray paint colors.
Kathy

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

My favorite thing is that screen door on the pantry door in that gorgeous kitchen. Love all the images!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, those spray paint colors are amazing. I've just recently seen my first issue of Coastal Living, and I liked it too. I wonder what they do with Christmas??