FLEA-TIQUE STORE FINDS

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hey y'all, I'm back (By the way, I don't say "y'all" in real life...but I must secretly want to because I tend to use it in writing a lot. Must be the Okie creeping in). Anyhoo...I'm back! Vegas was...well, Vegas. I worked a ton, ate too much and I'm glad to be home. After an exhausting week, I decided to indulge in some retail therapy yesterday by strolling through my favorite flea-tique store. I don't know why that's relaxing to me, but it is....call me crazy.
Here are some things I was tempted by:
This was the prettiest candelabra in person. If I needed a candelabra I would have bought it.
I loved this pewter tray.

This is a real tin ceiling tile. It was huge too, something like 24 by 24.


I may have to go back for this little bird. So sweet.


This print wouldn't work in my home, but I do like it for some reason.


I wanted those birds..and the white, French container thing.


This chandelier was gorgeous!


Had to throw this one in for funzies...its tackyness made me laugh.



I did buy this wreath. It was $5!..and full and lush and beautiful...and $5!




Have a great week!

19 Suburbanites Said:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Thanks for taking us shopping with you.
I love the platter and the ceiling tin.

Amber Filkins said...

Ahhh!! Why didn't you buy those birds and the french thingie?? I totally would have. Love em.

I do love your wreath though!

Glad you're back..

Blogger said...

What a fun shopping trip, I love that wreath!

Unknown said...

That looks like an awesome store! Glad you had a good trip.

the undomesticated wife said...

Go back for that bird print!!!

And I adore that bird plate!

I say y'all in real life. I'm in Texas, it comes natural! LOL

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oh man...you're right about the little birdies and bird print. Argh! And I try to be so good. Although, I think all 3 would only come to about $15. Hmmmm...

Susie Q said...

Go back and get the first chandy...that would look SO pretty on the front porch, back porch, entryway, GARAGE!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohhh I love that mirror behind the wreath too! I say "ya'll" on my blog too, and would never say it in real life!! :)

imjacobsmom said...

Retail therapy works for me, too. I love that second chandy - I'm always looking to update my circa 1979 doozie over my breakfast room table. It would have been hard to leave behind that little bird print. That wreath was a steal! ~ Robyn

Gena said...

$5 for that wreath was an awesome deal! I love wreaths and have them all over my house. I also need that first chandelier - it is my style. I'm not sure where I would put it, but I would have to find a place.

Thanks for sharing your visit. I like to do the same thing. Walking around flea-tique stores and dreaming is totally relaxing for me, too.

ellie mae said...

OH how fun! I need to find some stores around here like that. That would be relaxing for me too.

Glad your safe and sound back from Vegas. You were about 3-4 hrs from me. Depends how fast you drive. LOL

Love the wreath. Where do you think you'll put it? Front door? I like the bird items too. I think you need to go back for them and the french container thing. :)

janet said...

WELCOME BACK, WHAT AN AWESOME STORE. YOUR WREATH IS VERY NICE AND ONLY 5 DOLLARS, WOW!
HUGS
JANET

Holly said...

Wow, I wish I had your thrift store. It looks fabulous.
I'm having a Mr. Linky party this Thursday about thrift store finds...I'd love it if you'd join!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

If I could have someone do my shopping for me, I would love it. You'd be at the top of my list.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What wonderful things!!! I love that pewter tray. Glad you had a good trip!

XOXO
Jen

Holly said...

Annicole, thanks for hooking up with my Mr Linky! One little thing...could you please add my link to your post? Thanks :)

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi!... great shopping post, I loved getting a vicarious chance to browse through the thrift shop with you. I really liked the ceiling tile! Don't know where I'd put it in my house... but I'd sure find a spot!

I looked at your profile, and it IS completely possible to be in love with your house! I've loved every home we've lived in, from my rented 1790s cottage when I was single, to our city apartments, condo, brownstone, Arts & Crafts bungalow... and now, of course, I am loopy in love with That Old House... the star of my blog. I pinch myself, sometimes -- can't believe my luck.

Keep on thrifting and enjoying your home!

Best wishes -- Cass

Lindsey said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I am already in love! I live in Ok and was just wondering what store you found all these great things at?
Thanks!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Lindsey - It's the Trading Post in Jenks. It's awesome - definitely my guilty pleasure. Send me an email if you need me to look up the address for you.