KITCHEN PART DEUX

Friday, February 20, 2009

Thanks for everyone that stopped by yesterday. Some of you had a few questions that I thought I'd take a second to answer.

1. WHAT'S THE PAINT COLOR?


The wall color in the kitchen is Restoration Hardware Cappuccino. I LOVE this color. In fact I'm actually using it in my master bathroom that's in the works. It's a warm, gray, beige with slightly green undertones...um, got all that? It's also dark enough to give some contrast, but not so dark that the room feels like a cave.

It's $32 a gallon at Restoration Hardware, but you can pick up their sample cards free and have it color matched at Home Depot or Lowes.


P.S. For those who have asked, I found the table on Craigslist for $35! I've seen many other similar tables on there since, so definitely check it out. I bought the chairs last spring at JC Penney Home. They were intended to be outdoor bistro chairs, but I used them inside (duh...obviously). They were a little splurge in my mind at $15 each ($60 total). I hate to spend $60 at a time for anything, but I love them so much I can't regret the purchase.

2. I REALLY WANT WHITE CABINETS....


I feel you. I love white cabinets too. In fact I love them so much that I painted the 80's oak cabinets in my old house. Here's a link to a tutorial I did recently.


3. YOU HAVE SUCH UNIQUE ACCESSORIES....



Here's a link that talks about my "secret". I found most of the accesories for the kitchen at a flea-tique store. I love Target as much as the next girl, but I'm telling you it's worth it to get out of the "box" (get it...like, "big box"...ok, I'm cracking myself up here, sorry) every once in a while and check out places like flea markets, thrift stores, antique stores, yard sales, estate sales, etc. You'll not only get unique pieces, but you'll usually spend A LOT less.


4. WHAT'S THE STORY WITH YOUR WINDOW TREATMENTS?

I edited this post to add this one. I told the story of the toile valance in yesterday's post, but in case you missed it it's a euro sham I just draped over a rod....rocket science I know :).


As far as the curtains go (brace yourself for a super complicated fancy explanation) I bought 1/2 a yard of ticking stripe fabric (I think it was about $8) and in true Nester style I clipped it over white Ikea curtains I already owned. That's it. Although, I think the Nester might have at least bothered to glue gun something to make it a tad more finished...but I just left it as is. I might hem the edges with iron on tape at some point but haven't done it yet. Again, I think Mensa or Martha Stewart will be calling soon :).


*****************************************************************

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm hoping to get enough done this weekend to give you a peak at my master bath update on Monday. Let's keep our fingers crossed :).

20 Suburbanites Said:

Amber Filkins said...

Thanks for sharing! I also love all of your accessories. Those chairs in the dining room are to die for!

Can't wait to see your master bath!

Dawn said...

Oh my!!! I love everything you have done in your kitchen! I especially LOVE your window treatments. Did you make them, or buy them? Would you mind sharing the secret behind them?

Thanks!

-Dawn
www.lifeateventuallycottage.blogspot.com

Amber B. said...

I really want to paint my kitchen cabinets. But my mother-in-law told me that they are "sticky" after you paint them and get dirty easily. Is that true??? Cause mine sure are ugly and could use some paint!

Unknown said...

AnNicole, check out this giveaway, it is made for you! http://blog.arendezvouswithstyle.com/

ellie mae said...

Girl, your so talented!

I would like to pass along an award to you. I'd be honored if you would go by and pick it up. Ellie :)

Erica said...

Thanks for visiting my bathroom on the link party. I love your kitchen cabinents, they bring out the beauty and pop with your wall color. Your Kitchen is excellent!

Holly said...

I had a RH Cappucino kitchen a couple of houses ago! I love the color, but my cabinets were a medium wood color, and I must say it looks much better with your white!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

You are so funny, love your explanations (to your Barefoot Contessa kitchen). My kitchen is a funky green with long black and cream toile drapes. You might like it, it's on the blog. I like your chandelier much better than mine. grrrrr.

I also meant to tell you how much I love your banner. I have been back and forth trying to come up with something original for mine.
Have a great weekend~
Misti

Unknown said...

Love your simple, stylish ideas. Your kitchen update has made it look so much more sophisticated. The only thing I've done to my kitchen is change the cupboard handles, but even that made a big difference.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm interested in the light fixture! Do tell! I need to buy one this week. We are relocating our old one to a rental property that we own. Thanks!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Dustin - I bought the light fixutre at Ikea out of town for $35. If you don't have an Ikea (like most of us sad folks)I've seen similar light fixtures on ebay. Good luck!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oops, I really did mean to type "Dusti" :0.

ellie mae said...

Thanks so much AnNicole for your sweet comments on my house :) I really appreciate it. And your right, it does feel good to have a house that reflects me and not everyone else :)

Anonymous said...

Het, AnNicole! I wanted to come by and say thanks for visiting my blog. It took me a couple of days and, look, you've already got another post up! All I can say is WOW! What a great transformation!

Kasey said...

You are so stylish and I love your house decor!!!

Joy said...

Your kitchen looks like it came out of the pages of a designer magazine! It's so bright and cozy. And, I'm envious of all of your wonderful accessories! (I think my favorite is the selser bottle.) You did a fantastic job of decorating it.

Valley Girl said...

I DO love a white kitchen, something about it just feels so right. I think it's like when you put food on a white plate versus on a colored plate, everything just seems to pop against the white. Lovely, just lovely!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love your unique accessories. I would much rather have something NO ONE else has than to be all matchy with the world. Great job on the lovely kitchen!!!

Amy Cleveland said...

I am absolutely in love with the color you picked for your kitchen! I am so glad you posted the color. I have a very large living room that I have been wanting to paint for a year. This color is IT! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jessie said...

Homeowners can renovate their kitchen place with discount kitchen cabinets, oak cabinets, or red maple cabinets.