Batty for Board and Batten

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A few weeks ago my friend Raissa emailed me and asked how I did the board and batten treatment in my kitchen because she wanted to do something similar in her powder bath.

(Here's my board and batten, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about)


Honestly, my board and batten treatment is quite primitive. All I did was nail poorly cut lattice strips under an existing chair rail and paint everything white....I'm planning on redoing it at some point. So, instead of telling her to do what I did, I suggested that she copy what Karla at It's the Little Things That Make a House A Home did. Here's the link.

Here's Karla's family room. Isn't it beautiful?!

So...since Raissa doesn't let any moss grow under her feet (is that the saying?...) she jumped on the project right away...and I was BLOWN AWAY when I saw the finished product.

First the BEFORE photo


And AFTER!!!



Isn't it incredible?! Are you as blown away as I am? Of course...how could you not be?!

Again, check out Karla's fab tutorial for specific details on how to do this yourself. If you're like me you'd also be dying to know what the paint colors are that Raissa used. She used Sherwin Williams Artifact on the upper wall (you can't go wrong with this color) and Sherwin Williams Dover White on the wainscoting.

Bravo Raissa!

19 Suburbanites Said:

Karla said...

LOVE it!!! :) It looks awesome! I want to see more pictures! LOL!

And, of course I don't mind! (Just got your message!)

Tell Raissa I think she rocked this project!!

~Karla

Angie said...

Wow!! This looks amazing!! What a great project!

Chris said...

You bet I'm blown away!! I'm off to go check out more details! What a fantastic job!

~Kristen~ said...

It is just beautiful!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, wow!!! That is just beautiful!

Tricia Anne said...

Wow!!! What a rich looking room! I love it!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Jessica said...

I am so jealous of her gorgeous bathroom!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Oh how is Raissa?? Do you still talk to the other girls? I feel so bad I haven't checked in. Tell them hi and tell Rai she did awesome!!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

It looks great! I may have to do that to my bathroom walls!

brooke said...

oh my!! i am definitely blown! this is amazing and oh so beautiful! i am definitely going to have to give this a go! what a great and easy way to add value (for a gal like me who is gonna be sellin soon)...

Stephanie said...

WOW! I LOVE it!! What a difference it makes!

Mrs. Querido said...

She did a fabulous job! I can't believe it is the same bathroom!

gina said...

Gorgeous! I have light wood colored beadboard, chair rail and undersink cabinet in my main bath at the new house and I'm planning on painting it all white. Like this but the wood is already up. :) I can't wait. We close next Friday!

Jen said...

This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing. It is very similar to the effect I want in my guest bath...which I have been putting off starting for nearly 15 months. Now, I'm inspired!

The White Farmhouse said...

She did an awesome job! Beautiful! I think I will use this in my bath.

Rona's Home Page said...

Wow! I love the results of what you both did. Great job ladies!

hixsongirl said...

oh wow!! That looks great! I wish I could do that in my dorm room...

bj said...

W.O.W.

Bibliognost, The Librarian and The Englishwoman said...

I'd love to know about those gauzy curtains. Can you point me to hers, or do you know where she got them/how she made them?