Fall Faves: Let’s Get Cozy

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

See? I told you I’d be back today. You weren’t sure if you could believe me or not, huh? That’s okay. I did abandon you for a spell. It might take a little time to re-earn your trust :).

Shall we break some pumpkin bread and look at some of my Fall faves?

Now I’m a big fan of Summer and I always hate to see it end, but I’ve learned to embrace Fall….mostly by equating it with coziness – a feeling that’s hard to recreate in 100 degree weather. Here are a few of my favorite ways to get that cozy feeling. 

Pumpkin or hazelnut candles from Walmart…yes, Walmart. They’re from the Mainstays brand and they’re super cheap and so incredibly delicious smelling. I normally buy the type that come in a glass jar.

Walmart CandlesAnd nothing beats sitting by a  candle glow wrapped in a plush, soft throw.  This one from JC Penney is looking pretty darn good to me. See? Doesn’t she look happy?

JC Penney BlanketAnd I have to share my number 1 fave: Restoration Hardware’s Luxury Plush throw.  It’s reasonably priced (at least at the moment), is SUPER soft, and comes in a variety of attractive colors.

RH Plush Throw

Another thing to look forward to in the Fall? Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. Ohhh soooo goooood. As is their Caramel Apple Cider. Mmmmm (oh dear, you don’t want to get me talking about food right now – I just downed a brownie and approximately 50 Cheetos)

starbucks1

Another Fall fave? New Fall pillows at Pottery Barn. I bought these Simone pillows last year and I still love them. You can pull so many great colors from them (smoky blue, deep red, wheatie golds), and they give a sophisticated but inviting vibe.

Simone Pillow 

Finally, I look at Fall as a new opportunity to buy (or simply lust after) beautiful boots.

“Oh,  hi adorable riding boots I wish I’d bought while they were still available in my size   for $99.”

Boot

Perhaps I could comfort myself with these adorable $49 jobbies from Target instead….I’m sure my bank account will thank me for saving it a few bucks.

Target Boots

 

Stay tuned for more Fall faves. In the meantime, what about you? What are some things you look forward to in the Fall?

sig_thumb[1]

38 Suburbanites Said:

Amy Kinser said...

Ok, you listed most of mine. I love pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. I love those candle from Wal-Mart and love the price. I saw those same boots at Target and am so hoping they will still be there the next time I get there. I love a nice soft blanket being pulled out and around me in the evening.

Are we twins???

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Haha! We MUST be twins Amy!

Unknown said...

I love putting a log in the fireplace and lighting some candles while I sip a hot drink wrapped in the gazillion blankets I have :)

Tatum @ Tatum's Take said...

You sound like me! I used to dread Fall because all I could think of was what was next, WINTER! Only now, I've learned to embrace the joys, like yummy smelling candles, Starbucks, comfy sweaters etc. It's all about how you look at things!

By the way, I'm one of your many followers :-) Check me out sometime!

manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

Kit said...

Oh my, I forgot all about Starbuck's Caramel Apple Cider! Now I have a craving I will have to take care of tomorrow. Love all your ideas. Kit

Natasha in Oz said...

I wish it was Fall here in Oz after seeing all of these goodies! I would love to try one of those Pumpkin Spice lattes!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

All wonderful glimpses of fall... and all some of my favs. I NEED those boots!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I just walked by those boots at Target, also and haven't stopped thinking about them!

Becca Ross said...

Oh, how I wish my ginormous calves would fit into those $99 boots. So great! Glad you're back.

Becca
becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Ohhhh! I wish we had Target. Those boots are a steal!

~Heather said...

Love the fall post! I am officially excited for fall in the Pacific Northwest!

~Heather
http://beeandboosmom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

HA! I posted already today about Pumpkin Spice Lattes as well. Starbucks must be making a killing with all the free advertising we're giving them. ;-)

cailen ascher said...

i LOVE the boots. i'm big into boots in the fall - they're my go-to footwear most days. fall is such a wonderful season (my personal favorite : )

i recently wrote about "falling for fall" in a recent blog. thought you might want to check it out http://cailenascher.blogspot.com/2010/09/falling-for-fall-are-you-falloholic.html it highlights all my favorite things about the fall season

Katie said...

I now want that blanket from JC Penney, I love how it has that nubby sheep looking side!

Anne said...

Oh, thanks for the cozy fall tips-- I had my first pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks on Monday...now on to searching for boots and a cozy throw! Sooooo glad you are back!!! :)

All That Jazz said...

Great finds! I just saw those Target boots last night! Trying to decide if I should invest. I'm really looking for new brown boots for this year!
~michelle~

Bella Della said...

Go buy the Target boots. I have them and they are awesome. So comfy. And they match with everything!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Love those boots! I must go to Target today..

Danielle

Kacey said...

Ooh, you've got me thinking about spending money now. And I've got myself on a very strict budget. This is bad. Great finds!

Johanna said...

Hi. I love your blog! But there's something about this post that I keep coming back to. It must be that I'm soooooo ready to be done with this 90 degree southern california weather and I am sooooo longing for weather that's chilly enough for me to sip one of those yummy pumpkin spice lattes. I will be running over to walmart today to grab up some of those candles in the meantime...thanks!!

The Amusing Redhead said...

Good to see you back!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Mmmmm...I love caramel apple cider from Starbucks. It's like drinking apple pie.

Anna @ Take the Side Street said...

That throw looks soooo very soft. My personal fave are cable knit throws. But I have an unhealthy obsession with sweaters so that probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me. I'm definitely with you on pumpkin spice lattes, but the boots -- I LOVE them. But I hate how they look on me. How the heck do you wear riding boots without looking like you (me) have tree trunks for legs. I need heels. :(

cassandra06 said...

I,
I'm french ad today i speak about your blog on my blog. :)
Regards

mimi charmante said...

LOVE these! There is something about cozy this season that is simply divine~
Have a marvelous autumn weekend my friend!
xx

kimberlytaylorimages.com

Unknown said...

wow, beautiful boots, i just love long boots and these are so cozy and comfortable looking, like warm toasts in cold winter nights, lovely cushions too, the designs are great

Annie's Online Apparel

Shannon said...

I don't know about you but we have had some pretty warm weather here in Indiana (it was close to 80 today), so I went to DQ to try their pumpkin pie blizzard... SO good! Another fall fav of mine is the pumpkin pancakes at IHOP! I'm hungry now...

Coastal California said...

making Caramel Apples & Hot Cider!!
I love that throw, so cozy....
just finished putting up a few things for Fall-kinda took me awhile but now I'm glad I got it done just in time for the weather to switch to brrrrr & rain!
~Ada in Coastal Cali
http://ourheartsarefullwith5tolove.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

Are you doing okay? I have not seen you around lately.

Anne said...

Checking in...
Always enjoy your blog! Your posts are inspiring.
Hope all is well.

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Just wanted to let you know I LOVE your blog! I am really loving the riding boots too. :)

Jacqueline said...

I bought riding roots from target that i love so much! They have a nice selection.

Adelina said...

I bought the throw (love the price)...and, it is amazing!

Home Again Vintage said...

I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte last week too! Sooo delicious! I love any posts that get us all in the mood for fall. Boots and blankets and trips to the apple farm...yes please!!

Anna

LoveFeast Table said...

Well as a true suburbanite and urbanite, we would have to say we are loving our very own velvet pumpkins. In fact ~ we had to share them with everyone we loved them so much! We are featuring then in our newly launched LoveFeast Shop: http://www.shop.LoveFeastTable.com

We invite you to check them out!
Chris Ann & Kristin

Alicia @ Sweet Ava Kate said...

Hi AnNicole! Just wanted you to know I miss your posts and hope all is well with you. I just did a post on my Fall Faves and mentioned the riding boots you love. They have them again this year at DSW, they look like the same pair! Have a great weekend! Oh, and Happy Halloween! :)

cheap prom dresses said...


I'm moving into my sister in law's double wide, which needs fewer repairs than ours and is probably a two year move. We're buying it low, fixing it and selling it for what the others in this place haven steadily gone for. You're site is so helpful and I've read it all. I even subscribed, but if you neglect your blog, like I've neglected mine...good point. I need to show the upgrades and befores on my blog.
cheap prom dresses

satyam rai said...

Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.घर बैठे पैसे कैसे कमाए