I’m one of those rare creatures that can’t get enough of Summer – even when it’s hot as Hades. Yes, I love Summer so much that it can be 110 degrees outside and humid and I’m happy as a clam (…I’m assuming clams are down with hot and humid).
So before we start pulling out the apple wreaths and chenille throws and our latest straw/burlap creations (hee hee) let’s savor just a little more Summer, okay? Because, lest you forget, it’s going to look like this outside before we know it. Brrrrr!!!
5 WAYS TO ENJOY WHAT’S LEFT OF SUMMER
1) Can You Say BBQ?: Ohhh, this is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. It’s not so much about the food (which is of course a bonus) as it is about hanging out on the deck with friends and family. Invite some friends over for a bring-your-own-meat potluck dinner, or just make it a special night for you and the family.
2) Savor Summer Foods: Eat a popsicle on the front porch; Top vanilla ice cream with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream; Drink lemonade; Get a real life ice cream cone from an honest to goodness ice cream shop.
Image: Martha Stewart
3) Swim: Now I’m as swimsuit averse as the next girl, but there’s nothing like a cool swim on a hot day. Sneak into your neighbor’s pool if you have to (totally kidding…no getting arrested and blaming it on me).
4) Stroll through a Farmer’s Market: Most cities have these. There’s nothing better than spending a sunny Saturday morning mingling with your community, looking at fresh produce, fresh cut flowers, and crafts.
5) Keep it Light: Don’t pack away the floral pillows, white cotton throws, and fresh accents just yet. Breathe in the moment just a smidge longer.
Image: Apartment Therapy
What special things do you look forward to in the Summer?