I know it’s been a while since I’ve given you an update up my master bathroom redo. I promise, I’ve been working as fast as my adorable little pennies and free time allow (Oh why can’t I have one of those HGTV budgets?). I also swear to you that I’m thiiiiis close to showing you the next phase of the project, and, I have to say, it’s pretty darn cool. I’m kind of loving it.
That said, I’m coming to terms with the notion that (at least for me) just about every room will be a constant work in progress. I’m okay with that – I would venture to say I even like that.
I had to laugh the other day, though. I was chatting with a friend, and she said “I paint and decorate a room once and consider it done.” My eyes got big, my jaw dropped and I thought “Ummm, not me” (oh, wipe that fake look off surprise off your face).
I love the redo I did in my master bedroom last summer? There’s nothing like waking up in the morning and smiling at the soothing paint color on the wall (okay – there are better, more meaningful joys in life…but you know what I mean…hopefully).
As much as I love my bedroom, there are still a few things in the room I’m not totally happy with yet. Such as:
ISSUE 1) My bed: It looks fine in pictures but oh my goodness it’s LOUD. Between the flimsy metal bed frame and the wobbly headboard it squeaks and creeks at the slightest movement…even at the “earthquake” my 10 pound poodle causes walking across the mattress (eek…eek…eek with every pawstep). NO…NOT GOOD.
- I’m scouring Craigslist everyday for an inexpensive (and solid) bed. Anything with potential will do.
- I could buy a new metal bed frame (they range from $40-60) and see if there’s any way to strengthen (or pad) the back of the headboard to prevent wobbliness (and constant smacking of the headboard against the wall…again, NOT GOOD). Umm...I should mention (for those of you with minds in the gutter) it's just the poodle and me in my bed...I roll over, the headboard smacks...um kay.
- I could ditch the flimsy headboard and make my own upholstered headboard. Love this look with the nailhead detail from Crate and Barrel…ooh ahhh.
- This might sound crazy, but Big Lots sells a “wood” sleigh bed that seems pretty solid for $299 (more than I want to spend, but pretty darn good for a sturdy, lovely, new bed).
ISSUE 2) Fabric: I love my Thomas O’Brien Pewter Blossom pillow (I have the duvet now too). It’s classy, shimmery, matches my wall color, and it’s oh so soothing…but I almost want to add a little more pattern or texture.
- I’m LOVING this fabric by Premier Prints (Barber Taupe/Robin). I ordered a yard to see how it will work with my existing bedding (fingers crossed…did I mention I love it?). Works in the picture, eh? Crossing my toes now too :-).
- Mix in some light taupe linen accents (like I have on the lamp shades).
I’ll keep you posted on any changes I make. And I cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye promise that I’ll have an update on the nearly finished project in my master bath ASAP.
Have a great weekend!