Update: Breaking News Ralph Lauren Paint

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I realize I’m totally “painting you out” this week, and I promise I’ll talk about something besides paint tomorrow. BUT, I have breaking news about Ralph Lauren Paint. I told you in January that Ralph Lauren Paint would no longer be sold at Home Depot, and we all cried and made a made a mad dash to Home Depot to grab RL paint chips like crazed squirrels (in high heels) collecting nuts for winter. 

So I wanted to let you know that I just communicated with Ralph Lauren…not the guy, but the company (although it would have been cool to talk to “the guy”…I wonder if he has a son..who’s hot and single)…and they informed me that Ralph Lauren Paints are now going to be sold through independent distributors, much the way that Benjamin Moore, Pratt & Lambert and other paint companies sell their paint. So, look for Ralph Lauren Paint at your local paint stores in the near future!

Reporting from my laptop in Oklahoma, this is…

sig

11 Suburbanites Said:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Interesting! Good to know it's not going away altogether. It was fun to see you over at Kate's today! :-)

Candace said...

Thats great! I was so sad, RL is the only paint I use!

Annie Wilcox Designs said...

As a color consultant, it is good to know these things, I will be on the lookout in our area. Thanks for the 411.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Thanks for the info. I love Ralph Lauren paints to and I am happy to know I should still be able to get them.

Joy said...

I just painted my ceiling with Ralph Lauren Metallic paint.
They guy at our Home Depot told me H.D. is getting rid of all of it except the metallics.

It is great paint.
I love the metallic on my ceiling.
♥ Joy

Lisa said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! NOTHING LIKE THEIR COLORS !!!

HUGS FROM MAINE

Melanie said...

I love RL paint. I color matched one of their colors and now I can't find the swatch or the name. I will run to BM & get a new swatch now.

prashant said...

Thats great!
data entry india

Victoria said...

My husband is a faux finisher and he talked with a rep who told him the same thing. Only paint stores will have their line in the future. Modern Masters is a great line of products like lusterstone.
Just discovered your blog last week. Love it.

Chelsea said...

Was reading your post a bit late, BUT I was just at my local Home Depot, and they still have the RL paint information in the computer. All you have to do is request a RL color and they can still mix it up, but with Behr paint!!!

vance said...

When going to select Paint colours the trick to making sure a colour will actually work in your space is to test it first. Buy tester pots and splash up a 2' by 2' square on the various walls you are going to paint to see how the colour is effected by the light in your space and how the various other elements react to and with the colour.
ralph lauren paint